Thursday, December 30, 2010

Who is in the Frontline….Oh! My God



Being brought up with religious values, I am always amused by the fact that I connect to God through my want of satisfying my needs. This brings me the thought of Maslow theory of management, as Maslow theory is widely speculated for accuracy, so is my thoughts! I feel our “needs’ is directly proportional to our connection with God. As Maslow states that Humans first tries to satisfy their basic physiological needs and so do “we” cry out to God to bless us with food, clothing and shelter, then it is the Safety needs that we pray for so that our wealth is safe and we continue to grow wealthier, then Maslow’s pyramid takes us to the belonging need where we undoubtedly want to be recognized and socially active by connecting with God and being recognized in a religious group satisfies it all. Finally it’s followed by the self actualization need where we think of moral uprightness and by the time we realize this it would have been too late. Today I realize the value of these sparks but I am not sure still if I will be able to follow what God really wanted me to do or continue to be happy self illusioned that I am religious and connected with God.

Its on this paradox that I think we act safe by positioning God in the front line in our battle of survival amongst the worldly pleasures, we always tend to mould the predictions of God blessing to our favor, we know its wrong but we continue to do that because we take “Him” for granted for “He” forgives all our sins…repentance we don’t want to think to much let us just pray sorry and comfort ourselves, God its all over…! Now for those who think on the immortal life. We have so much to think now, I cannot be a philanthropist to think beyond life or ordained of being a “Guru” reciting the basic truths. I still continue to pray God save “me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment